Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference

I got a rare opportunity to listen to Conference this time by myself. When does that ever happen? Never! As I sat listening to the Prophet and to the General Authorities, I found myself agreeing with the things being spoken, feeling much joy and gratitude for our Savior, the church and our Prophet and leaders. I am grateful and feel blessed to be a member of this great church.

I miss my family, they went to the cabin for spring break while I stayed home to take care of things with the house. But I am grateful for this time I have had to reflect on myself and my testimony. The time has been peaceful and I feel I have grown this weekend.

There are so many areas I fail and fall short in, in this life. There are so many things I need to continue to work on. It can often be overwhelming to me. Keeping life in perspective is paramount in my growth. We aren't asked to be perfect in this life, but to keep trying our best and then let the Atonement fill the areas that we have not mastered. Such an important thing for me to remember! I am hard on myself and too often forget to turn to the Savior for his help and support.

So a re-commitment is in order for me. To recommit to the gospel and the small things we are asked to do that I let slide. I know that through the Lord and His gospel I will find more joy and peace in my life.

1 comment:

Aileena said...

I really liked Hales talk. Good stuff.