Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Carter

This was my son's post on facebook tonight...

"Well, today my band teacher resigned. This is his last week. He said the amount of pressure on his head was unbearable. He is putting is family first by moving to a school where he feels more secure, where he will teach choir. I say good for him. Mr. Dingeldein was probably one of the most influential teachers I ever had. I'm sad that I only had the privilege of knowing him for one and a half years. He has urged me on, made music fun, and helped shape who I am today. When I am older, I want to go into the music business. I can only hope to be, to my future students, what he was for me. We all love him very much. Although I will miss him very much, I wish him the best of luck at his new school. Hopefully the students at Oak Hills will get the same amazing teacher we had, and that he gets the same love that we had for him. I am glad to have had the opportunity to know Mr. Dingeldein."

I can't read it without it breaking my heart and bringing tears to my eyes. I know Carter looked forward to the next 3 years with this man more than anything else!! I'm so sad for him that he won't get the opportunity.

I am also so proud to be Carter's mother. I am proud of the dignity he displays. I am proud of the character he has! He is an example to everyone around him. I can not even begin to write how many times adults have come up to Scott and I to tell us some experience they have had with our son, or how they have seen amazing traits in him, or some comment praising one of his gifts or an impressive action they witnessed. He truly is a wonderful boy. He teaches me, baffles me, makes me so grateful. I feel so blessed to have the calling of being his mother.

No comments: