Sunday, February 15, 2009

Disappointment and Progress

I was hoping that this post would be written tomorrow night and filled with pictures of us riding quads in the dunes! But... We didn't go to the dunes. I was sad because for once I wanted to go sit in the sand and watch people ride, but due to the sickness that has ravaged Scott and I we weren't able to finish the things that needed to be done in order to go. We gave it valient effort, but it wasn't meant to be.
(this is Brodric after we told him we weren't going... he was watching TV with the helmet on, wishing... cute, cute)


So instead I'll put pictures of the progress of our addition. That will hopefully sufice! It's exciting and although it seems to be moving slower than I expected, I'm just happy it's moving at all!

At first we weren't going to do anything to the nook area, but then we decided to take it out and square it off! I'm so glad we did.


Look at that cute pantry door! I love it... is it normal to love a door? I love my new front door too, and my new french doors! You'll see those later I guess!

In this one (above) you can see the new concrete poured to change the nook. The wall into the kitchen is a temporary wall so we could have the house opened up while not disturbing the kitchen much... So, yes, the kitchen is tiny in the house and the dining table is in the livingroom!

The first two stages of stucco will be done now and the color coat will be done on the entire house near the end of the entire project.

This is our bathroom/closet. It is becoming one big bathroom! Yay, that is exciting!! It will be great! Rip that lanolium out, tear those ugly tiles down!!!

4 comments:

Washington Tacoma Mission said...

I love the re-model. Wish I was there to watch it more closely. I guess when you do one thing that you really want to do, you miss other things that would really be nice do do. You can.t do everthing.

We love you all.

Papa

Heather Momma said...

I'm so excited about your house. It was fun to see the pictures, Matt's been telling me all about it. Hopefully things will speed up especially if the rain slows down. I hope you get feeling better and Brodric looks way cute in his helmet.

Stephanie said...

Bummer that everyone has been sick, so no Dunes. I'm so excited for you about your house! yOu guys deserve it, you have waited a long time. It looks awesome, I'm so excited for you!

Nettie said...

totally jealous.