Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The last grandma time??

Tomorrow I go down to Long Beach to be with my Grandma for what may possibly be the last time. Melanie is coming with me. Then later tomorrow after we leave her son and his wife are coming from Arizona and then in the next two weeks the rest of her children will converge on the great state of California... I know their intentions, they will have Grandma back in Mesa when they all leave. They won't leave without her. I am sure quite sure of that. It's probably for the best as far as her health and her loneliness is concerned, so I guess it's OK, but I am sad and I feel like it is a final thing for me. Not a final time to see her, but a final time to spend taking care of her. I have loved it so much. I have enjoyed her and even though fitting it in every week or every other week is sometimes tough, I love it. I will miss her in my life on what has been a pretty consistent basis for the past three years. She is my friend and she fills so many spots in my heart. I am a better person for having been able to be near her. What a blessing it has been to me. I don't want to loose the opportunity I have been blessed with to be with her. But life is constantly changing, I guess I have to get used to it.
I'll miss you so much Grandma. I love you.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Seriously I am so sitting here crying like a baby! I know you have treasured all the time you have had with gramma, (& grandpa). You have been amazing to her. I hope we can do as well or ok enough with her here, if she stays! Love you.

Anonymous said...

I thought she told everyone to eat a fat one last time, and got on a plane anyways - so what makes you so certian that this time will be different?

Billie said...

She's seeming older and everyone is really worrying a lot about her. She is very lonely. I feel sad for her because she is alone, but it is so hard for her to be away from her "home". She can't imagine it actually, but it is going to happen sometime! I have come to terms with it, I just want her to be happy with it. I don't know how she will ever come to terms with it though... Just want best for her.

Nettie said...

The issues that accompany old age breaks my heart. It's almost more than I can think about. My heart aches for the lonely elderly that feel insignificant in this fast paces world. They were the hub of it all at one time...now they just sit and try to stay out of everyone's way. Kills me. I'm so glad your grandma is loved.

My dad is in the hospital with pneumonia. I don't want him to be old.

Billie said...

Oh Netty, I'm sorry about your dad. You're right about the rest. Me too. Me too. I love your heart!