Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Marathon", WHAT?? I don't understand, what language are you speaking?

I know, the first time I heard that word it was totally forign to me too. I couldn't even place it in my mind. What is that anyway? A Marathon?

Then I met Tracy. What a lucky find. Tracy works for us now and she is a very down to earth person. Tracy owns a marathon. More of the forign language stuff... Who "owns" a marathon? How does one "own" a marathon? But true, she does! She told me I should run a marathon. HA HA HA I think Tracy is blind.

For all these years I have been trying to hide the fact that I could loose a hundred pounds and still technially "need to loose weight". So, how have I done? Are you all shocked that I need to loose weight? I mean, if I am good at hideing it then no one would have a clue that I am fat, right? So, how have I done? I know, I'm no good at hideing at all! Which takes me to the marathon.

I've tried dieting. I've tried beating myself up. I've tried mild exercize. No success, no success, no success. This thing is bigger than I am right now. So what could it hurt? If I train for a marathon, just maybe... I could do it! If I train for a marathon maybe I will like it. If I train for a marathon maybe I will win back my life! I think I'll try it. Simple as that... I'm going to train for a marathon!

Tracy has a schedule for me. I start with a 10K. That will be at the Vally of Fire Marathon (Which Tracy owns and if anyone would like to participate it would be more than GREAT! It's between Las Vegas and St. George and it's supposed to be BEAUTIFUL!) And it just goes on from there! Awesome huh?

I just want to say, I get discouraged daily! I have to drag myself to the gym and I don't expect that to change for a while. I have to make myself do it. But when I am there and Tracy is chattering away I start to think I can do it! For those few moments I see the light in the tunnel! That's why I am putting this out there in computer internet land. So that maybe I will feel more motivation from others or energy, or I will feel guilt that it's out there and so I better follow through. I'm not sure of the reason, but I am! It's out in cyber space now and I can't take it back!

I am going to do a marathon! Notice I didn't say "run a marathon". I may run or walk or even crawl, but I am going to do it!

So for Valynn or anyone else who wonders what my hobbies are.... This is it, my new hobbie, I am training for a marathon!

Anyone want to join?

6 comments:

L.Larson said...

a marathon....good for you! goals are meant to be accomplished....I know you can do it girl!!!
love, Lisa
ps...hey, when do you run?? I need a partner...Barb does 5 miles, I like doing 2 1/2 =] =] LMK!

The Psychologist said...

I think you're awesome, Billie. My running days are long over but I'd happily walk a 10K with you.

Sarah said...

Thats awesome. I want to do a sprint triathalon. I am giving myself 1 year to do it. My brother is the one pushing me. I too will end up crawling or being pushed in a wheel chair...but by golly, I will cross the finish line!!

Billie said...

Lisa, I can only run 2 minutes at a time right now. I joined Anytime Fitness and I go in the mornings at different times. But, hey, when I can actually run a bit I'll let you know!

Sara, I may be crawling too!

And Psychologist, I apologize, but I don't know who you are. Who are you? I'll do a 10k with you!!!

Thanks for the comments!

Washington Tacoma Mission said...

I'll be cheering you on the whole time while I'm sitting in my chair drinking diet coke wishing I could lose a foot or two off my big fat belly. GO BILLIE.

Love you.
Papa

Laurene Ross said...

Awesome!!!!!! Go, Go, Go! I have always wanted to do that, but .....okay, I have no excuse except...I have nothing....Good for you!