Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hi all!
Well, it's been another crazy two weeks gone again!!!
Time seems to just fly by so fast! We've been busy with friends and family and lots of fun stuff to do.

I began a project... There's lots of background to it, so stick with me! years ago we filled in our garage and built a room when sister and her hubby came here to live with us. Sometime after that (long after sis moved out) we had a leaky roof in our master bedroom and we grew mold in the wall! So Scott and I moved out of the master bedroom and into the converted garage room so we could remediate the mold...

Since we had no garage at the time, the master bedroom slowly became a dump all room, or a "garage" or anything like that your imagination could congure up... I wish I had a picture of it all piled up with stuff, but I don't. Scott and I had been sleeping in this dark garage room that wasn't well set up as a bedroom at all and weeks turned into months and months turned into years and we were still there!!!

Well... Two weeks ago Scott left to go to our ServiceMaster Convention in Orlando Florida (and unfortunately we didn't get to go with him this year.) The first day he was gone I started cleaning out the room... Carter was a trooper and helped me without complaint and we got things organized and moved over to the real garage. I went through TONS of stuff and cleaned and cleaned. We got so far the first day I started obsessing about it. I thought "Oh my gosh, I can really do something with this!" So I set a plan and really got to work!

Things that had to be done included the cleaning out, scraping the popcorn ceiling, textureing and sanding the ceiling, washing the walls, removing old carpet and pad, painting all the walls, getting new carpet installed and then moving in furniture. I had little angeles the second day, named "missionaries" and they did the hard part of scraping and texturing the ceiling! It was awesome!

I kept the whole project a secret from Scott and when I would talk to him throughout the week I had to make up little white lies about what I was doing so he wouldn't really know what was up! I wanted him to be shocked when he came home! So, it was done! It worked and it is awesome!

My neighbor, Nanette made the comment that what a great thing it is to "reclaim the space" and she was totally right! It is "reclaimed"! It is really nice to have a bedroom back and have a real place to just be! I love it. Scott was so grateful for all we had done. He really loves it too.

So I don't have anything on the walls yet, I know what I want, but haven't had time to work on that yet.

These are the angeles that showed up to help...



This is the one dark wall, I love the color. The circles in the picture are just my dumb camera having a moment!



And this is part of the awesome ceiling the angeles did! Just thought I'd add it. It is awesome! I hate popcorn ceilings!!!



Well, right on the heels of my project we had my sister Stephanie come visit with her kids!!! I love her and she is my bestest friend in the entire world!!!



(ya, this wasn't taken this week, but it was a few weeks ago at the cabin... we are all natural (which translates to mean "don't we look great without makeup?")

She stayed a week and we had tons of good times. Also in the picture are Tom and Tammy's kids cause they came on their way back to AZ and stopped by again. That was fun too!



I had to add this pict of the kids playing video games. I'ts not the greatest picture, but it is a lot of what they have done this summer, thank heavens for the Wii!



And just wanted to mention the garden... my sunflower are sagging. Just about the time the flowers bloomed they started getting so heavy they began sagging. This was last week and they are worse now, but they are still quite cool. I don't know how to grow small headed sunflowers that are 10 feet tall, but that would be cool for the back of a garden!

We are still getting tons of squash and everyone who comes over forget's to take it away!!! So come back ya'll and get it! I started shredding it and freezing it so in the winter I can make tons of zuccini bread! I have still given lots away (those poor ladies at the office are probably sick of squash too!) and we still eat it several times a week. We have some beautiful fruit growing and are now getting lots of tomatoes. I'm not sure when to harvest my egg plant, but I better figure it out before it is too late. I don't know too much about the corn either... I guess I better start studying this stuff!



One more week till school starts. I can't believe it, I look forward to the structure that school brings and the kids are looking forward to seeing thier friends!

K, if you read this leave me notes or email's, I love it! Hope everyone is having a great summer!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay for best friend sisters....Now take that nasty picture of me off the blog! Thanks for letting us come play we had a blast. Your bedroom looks great, and your garden, you are a hard worker! Keep up the good work. Miss you already!

Nettie said...

I'm kindof jealous about the dejunking of the room. That is my kind of fun. It probably would have saved me from the worst Summer in history! I guess there have been worse. Still, it sounds like it was a great experience...especially surprising Scott! I'm glad Steph was there too. The all natural picture is GREAT! You guys are stinkin' cute. You're lucky to have each other.

Rach =o) said...

It looks great! How fun to surprise him. What was his reaction? I love cleaning and organizing. It makes me feel like I can conquer the world =o)

Nettie said...

I didn't really mean that I am the ol' dejunk pro...I think I would have loved to accomplish something that big with you. We don't get enough time together and that would have been a fun "remember when...". miss you.