Sunday, July 13, 2008

In my lovely garden...

Ohhh, I'm so excited to put pictures of my garden on here!!! It is growing so big! So yesterday we went down in the sprinkling rain and took pictures.

We are getting crooked neck squash and zucchini every day now and giving it away to lots of people. We are pulling tiny carrots and I actually used them in our salad last night. Also we have small green onions. They just came out small because we planted too many and didn't thin them. So we ate them anyway and they were good. We have beets that we give away and no one eats. We have cucumber that we ate with the salad last night and it is REALLY good. I have also given some of that away too. We have little squash bugs that I am sucking up with the shop-vac. That was Scott's idea and we spray bug spray into the vacuum to kill them. Wasn't that smart?! I hate those little suckers so I like to go suck them up! They eat my squash!

Let's see, we have Watermelon growing like weeds and several little watermelon on it. We have cantaloupe that looks beautiful, we should have plenty of those too. We have huge red chili peppers that are still green so I can't pick them yet and we also have jalapeno peppers. We had radishes, but we ate them all. I have some beautiful purple egg plant growing and I think that is really cool! We also have 3 kinds of tomatoes, cherry, big ones and Roma. They haven't ripened yet, but they will, they look good. And last of all we have corn that is looking pretty good! I hope it turns out so we can eat it! I have never tried corn before and I didn't expect much from it, so it is doing better than I thought. I also planted sunflowers in the back and they are getting huge, but no flowers yet!!! They are like 10 feet tall!!!

I get really excited about the garden so sorry to write so much, but it makes me happy! Next year I am definitely going to have to make it bigger, not to put more in it, but to spread out what I have! There really isn't enough room for everything! It's kinda all growing on top of each other and it is hard to get to lots of the things!

So that's it, I hope you like the pictures!!!








4 comments:

Nettie said...

Billie, ths is STUPENDOUS! I adore garden vegetables. I'm too intimidated to try and grow anything. I wish I was there to eat your beets. I love them. The picture's are beautiful. I really really want to do this now. I keep singing, "I have a garden, a lovely garden...". I'm so glad you were brave enough to plant so many different things. I think I'll have to come for a weekend in the next month or two. You're the coolest!

Stephanie said...

K first of all your kids are adorable, I love them, and those are such cute pictures of them! I'm excited to come visit...only 6 more days!

Next, what an awsome garden, it is huge, and how fun to have so many fun things growing! Congrats to you guys for keeping things alive and growing, I dont think we could ever do that!

Rach =o) said...

WOW!!!! Your garden Friggin ROCKS! I'd be so proud.

Tammy Taylor said...

Wow! Is there going to be anything left at the end of the week when we drive through? I am having garden envy.