Sunday, September 14, 2008

All The Things That Happened This Week - or A Travel Log of Sorts - or - Random Weekly Stuff

It's so hard to title a post. Don't you think? Maybe it will make everyone not even want to read it. Maybe it will encourage everyone jump right on and read.
Whatever... I don't want this week to be a travel log, I just wanted to share some of the crazy stuff that happened!

First of all my DH is in Texas searching out poor flooded victims of Ike to help with his super hero powers and air blowers and dehumidifiers! I don't know all the logistics of what or how it will happen, but I hope he has a good time and doesn't feel like he has any regrets. So far (as he is just getting to the wet areas of Texas), he is in good spirits and still alive and well. He has taken a employee/family friend with him named Daniel. Daniel is an upstanding 18 year old guy that has helped us a lot around our house on different projects and he works at SM sometimes. Scott says he has been good company and he is a good worker.
Good Luck husband!

The last couple days of the week were amazingly crazy with tons of stuff. I started the two little ones in gymnastics again and the days fell on one of the same days as piano.

So a recap of some of it goes like this... Wednesday afternoon, leave for the Temple with friends. Session at 7:15 PM, dinner with friends lasts till all hours of the night and we don't get home till after midnight...

Thursday, leave in morning at 6:30 to go to grandma's, hang out with grandma, run errends and stuff. Before leaving Long Beach I get a phone call from our office gal of 4 years, saying that she will be quiting soon, (not a good phone call). Leave grandma's about 1:30. Get home and rustle up kids, get all piano books, gym clothes, homework and other stuff to do during waiting times and head out to gymnastics.

After gymnastics is over drive from Apple Valley to Hesperia with a stop in the middle for food. File in the piano teachers house and rush through piano, (no kid gets his normal amount of time, because there just isn't time to go around). Leave piano, drive home (by now it's after 8:00 PM) and start shuffeling kids to bed.

Forgotten from our minds was the visit from the ward bishopric member who then knocked on our door and wanted to extract large amounts of money from us to support prop 8! They suggested that we "give till it hurts". If we didn't have a tear in our eye when they left we hadn't given enough... I was crying (inside) when he finally left after 10:00 PM!

When he finally did leave Mel and Troy were already at our house for a impromptu meeting about Scott leaving to Texas. (Mind you, Scott and I hadn't really had any time in the day to really talk about his plans or desires up to this point!) We all agreed that Scott would go (which I believe was just the formal word to me so that I felt like we were all on the same page. Really, I missed the decision process earlier in the day.)

And so, after 11:30 PM Scott and I began packing!!! Friday didn't get much better. I ran around all day buying food, supplies, and obtaining money for the trip.

By Friday night when my house was full of neighbor kids and a couple of girls who were spending the night with Baillie, I was comatose! In the middle of my coma Carter went out to the garage to get something and ran right into a yellow and black snake in the garage... I went on a hunt for it to take a picture, but didn't have any luck! That was pretty cool.

I was able to recover on Saturday just in time to practice and sing in a trio for the Adult Session of Stake Conference! Our trio sounded beautiful (at least I think we did) and the whole conference was really nice.

Today's session of conference was wonderful and two of my kids sang along side lots of other youth in the youth chior. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! They sang 2 songs and actually sang the main song twice. It was titled, Keepers of His Light. Beautiful!

This is my mantra... "BREATHE" just breathe.

Next week's plan... Breathe... Take care of our kids. Call Scott often. Try to keep the house in some kid of order. Work on finding a replacement office employee, and Breathe!

So if this has turned out to be a bummer post, I'll apologize now!

Breathe!

3 comments:

Washington Tacoma Mission said...

I love your blog. I get all your family news. It is great. Hope things get better. Sorry Lori is quitting.. Breath, things will get better.
Keep us posted about what is happening with Scott and Daniel.

Love to you all.

Papa (elder) Noh

Stephanie said...

Wow that is some crazy stuff! I'm happy Scott already got a job, and hope it stays busy for him while he is there. I can't believe you had kids over again, you are crazy, but I hope Clara had a great time. What the heck is a snake doing in your garage, that freaks me out!! K fun reading your posts.

Nettie said...

Wow! I have so many questions. I seriously don't know how you handle so many responsibilities. I have so much respect for you. I'm also impressed that you expose your kids to so many experiences.

Okay....Can your bishopric do that??? That doesn't sound right. It really bothered me, actually.

Is your employee leaving under good circumstances? I'm sorry. I'd work for you.

I hope this week is easier than anticipated. Love you, Billie