Saturday, September 6, 2008

Quotes

I was reading blogs from people on my list and angie has the neatest "vision" board. On it she had two quotes and I wanted to share them here because they are so awesome!

The first is a quote that I have loved for a long time! Every time I run across it I just want to drink it in. It is toatlly spoken just for me, I just need to get it!!!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?”Actually, who are you not to be?
Your playing small doesn’t serve the world.
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
~Marianne Williamson~


The second one is one that I have seen only once before, but it is amazing also!

First of all, I want you to be proud you are a woman. I want you to feel the reality of what that means, to know who you truly are. You are literally a spirit daughter of heavenly parents with a divine nature and an eternal destiny. That surpassing truth should be fixed deep in your soul and be fundamental to every decision you make as you grow into mature womanhood. There could never be a greater authentication of your dignity, your worth, your privileges, and your promise. Your Father in Heaven knows your name and knows your circumstance. He hears your prayers. He knows your hopes and dreams, including your fears and frustrations. And He knows what you can become through faith in Him.
~Jeffrey R. Holland


I should do a vision board... When my office is clean... Never...
Ok Billie, dangit, be more positive! The first thing on my vision board would be these two quotes and then it would be something about being organized!

I hope these are uplifting, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your background is supa cute, I love it! I love those quotes also, I saw Angie's cute board, and she always inspires me. Anywho, all I have left to organize is my office too, and my is 5 times as big as yours, so lets make a goal and do it together, K?? Love you and miss you much.

Nettie said...

I love these! I thought Nelson Mandella said the first one. I should do a vision board. I'm glad you posted these.