Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's a terrible day

Brodric: “I’m gonna run away. My life is terrible…”
Mom: “I’ll miss you, where are you going to sleep tonight?”
Silence… Bricky: “I’m gonna just run away.”

I guess gymnastics just wasn’t fun enough for him… Can you believe there are rules at gymnastics too? Imagine that, you can’t just run wild like wolf! (I think he got in a bit or trouble at the gym for running around too much!)

Speaking of wolves, I said to Bricky, “I heard the wolves the other night, maybe you can go to the river and they will adopt you, it worked for Mogli.” (Jungle Book)

He didn’t think that was too funny. His response was, “that’s just a movie MOM!”

So then I had the dumb idea that on this terrible day I should cut his hair. I mean, really, it was getting so long that it wasn’t cute anymore… Well, how can I say that, it was REALLY cute. The problem is that although I think I am a decent hair cutter – it’s just NOT true! It was bad! I started out ok, but it only got worse the longer I tried!

This is how that went…

“Now this really is the most terrible day!”

“I’m so sorry buddy.”

“seriously!”

Further on in the horrible hair cut it continued…

“I’m going to change my name, not my middle and last name, just my first name. I can change my skin too.”

“Why?”

“So no one will know it’s me.”

He decided, after going through all his options, that he would wear a beanie to school. (I think that is against the rules, but I figure that his teacher can deal with that!)

Before... Last week at school, LOOK AT THOSE CUTE CURLS!


During! Who let me have the clippers anyway???


After! Oh my, I have really done it now! The wolf option is looking better and better to him every minute!


The solution! Do you think it will work?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my heck mama, what were you thinking? Did you just decide to get the bad day over with in one shot? He looks cute, I do love his curls, but they were getting pretty long! He's cute though, and the beenie is pretty cute too!

Nettie said...

This is HILARIOUS! The best thing I've read all week. I think he's cute with curls, with it short, or bald! I love the picture of him crying. I'm so glad you're keeping track of this stuff. (and his cut doesn't look bad at all!)

Washington Tacoma Mission said...

Papa thinks Bricky is handsome with curls, with short hair and especially with a beanie. He reminds me sooo much of his daddy.
Papa loves you big boy, and I miss you to.