Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Middle of the night...

The middle of the night seems to be when I feel like writing.

Just a few tid bits about us before May is over. Well, I guess I missed it by an hour or so... May is over. But I'll share just a few things before I lay me down to sleep. ;)

The garden this year is both soothing and frusterating. We planted it big and a friend is helping me out a bit by watering it in the afternoon and she started some plants for it. It is so soothing for me to go out in the morning and spend an hour watering and pulling little weeds and grass. I LOVE to watch the plants grow. I am impatient though. I want them to grow up and do something. I was thinking I should keep a garden journal because then I could remember from year to year how long it takes and I wouldn't be so impatient. It's fun to watch the corn. It's fun to come out in the morning and a whole new leaf has been added to a plant. Some of them seem like if you sat there you could watch it stretch and grow, and others seem to never grow, or actually grow smaller.

Speaking of growing smaller, we have had a pest in the garden this year that is just so frusterating for me. I think it is earwigs!!! They just chomp on those dang plants and have killed tons of them! It makes me want to pull my hair out. I havn't done anything about them because I'm not sure exactly what to do, but I'm gonna have to deal with it sooner or later. It makes me want to cry when I see those beautiful bean plants come out and then be eaten up every day by some dang bug.

So, I cut the boys hair... I like boys with long hair. Of not too long, I don't like it covering their eyes, but when it is just over their ears and kinda cute, I hate to cut it... but cut I did! Brodric got his first buzz ever!! I don't think I have ever done what I did this time. It still shocks me whenever I see him. When he saw it in the mirror he said, "I haaaaate it! You ruined my life!" But he soon got over it and now he says he is ok with it. But everytime anyone mentiones it he sneaks away. I love that cute kid! Carter asked for a missionary hair cut. I didn't know what he meant by that, but he kept saying, "shorter, shorter". So I went shorter. It doesn't look bad, but again I like it a bit longer. So I guess it's just ho hum for me. But dang that kid has thick heavy hair!! And I also cut the girls hair. Put bangs back in and took quite a lot off the back of Kendahl's. I put the hair cut thing off as long as possible. I would go pay for someone else to do it, but I'm cheap and I couldn't get an appointment with someone in time for the prom for Kendahl. It turned out nice though, so all was well.

Speaking of Kendahl's prom... She went to the prom this year with a group of 2 boys and 3 girls. I think they just all wanted to go and because of the friendship they just hung out together. I don't think it was all that planned. But nonetheless, Kendahl had a wonderful time. She has a crush on one of the boys and that made it even better for her. We were pretty getto with the dress, it was used and I made repairs and tucks to it and basically made it work, but it worked! Amazing! She looked beautiful! I'll try to add pictures. That's one of the reasons I havn't posted lately, pictures are difficult.

Our Memorial day was a bust this year. The pool is not working and is giving us so many headaches and so many hits to our pocket book that I wish I could just start over with it... So no pool, no BBQ, no friends. A bit of family, but with nothing to entertain, that didn't last long. It just wasn't a party kind of year for that sort of thing I guess.

Carter got into the spirit and went with the band to a cemetary to play for the memorial there. He is loving playing instruments and loving the band opportunities.

Well, enough for now, the world keeps on turning and I am stunned at how fast the months are moving by! I wish I would all slow down!!

No comments: