Thursday, June 24, 2010

Progress

In the beginning we had some healthy weeds. Now usually, we don't get enough rain to make green weeds, let alone this many, and grass too! But this year was so different, we had a super wet month or so. Soooooo, we began with crazy yuck grass and lots of weeds.

We had fun making something out of nothing... doesn't that look like fun? For me it does because there are 4 boys out there! :) Don't you worry, I worked too!!

The finished product! Turned out pretty cool I think. We had some starts we planted that our friend Nikki grew and we had a few we bought from the store. The rest was seed.

Last night this is what the garden looked like. You can't see each thing very good, but it's growing pretty well. I love each little plant! I love to watch them grow from day to day! I get sad when something goes wrong with them, like BUGS! We have a few spots that we still haven't planted, but we are saving those for PUMPKINS! :) We also have a bunch that just aren't growing. Mostly because they are earlier plants and should of been planted way before we started. So we may end up giving up on those and planting some other late summer thing or waiting till fall and planting. But all in all it's pretty good.

Here's a cool little thing. We have lots of little volunteer watermelon that came from the last garden we had. I was tired at the end of the season and I just stopped going out to the garden! So stuff just laid on the ground and rotted... Sad I know, but it created come super cute watermelon plants!! They are all throughout the west side of the garden. (So through the tomatoes and the corn.) I love all the little watermelon plants! They make me happy! Here's a cute picture of it.

5 comments:

angiedunn said...

oh my gosh!!! this is amazing! i am so impressed {and jealous!}...someday i want to learn how to grow things.

Tracy said...

I hope my garden next year looks half as good as yours this year!

Stephanie said...

Yay for you! I love it and I am proud of you, you have put a ton of work into it...and its paying off!

Billie said...

wow, thanks, thanks, thanks. :)

Nettie said...

Wow Bills! That's incredible! I'm more than impressed! You are so stinkin' neat. Teach me! I'd rather eat yours though.