Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day Three

I really shouldn't be blogging because I havnt had decent rest any night yet, but I've tried to sleep and can't, so what the heck.

After I finally pulled myself off my very uncomfortable " bed" and out of the trailer things were all up from there. The things that were cool... well let me recount. I rode a bike for the first time in probably 17 years or so! To tell ya the truth, I was kinda nervous. Even wondered if I would remember how! But you know what they say... "it's like riding a bike!" And so it goes, it wasn't hard at all. I had a nice time. I think I'll go again tomorrow.

Hanging out with Scotts family is much different than hanging out with my family, in so many ways, but some parts have been really special. We have a nephew who we hardly NEVER see, and he is 7, just like Bricky and it has been a real treat to get to.know.him. (this is where I fell asleep writing last night, I'll finish now...) The little nephew lacks all religion in his life yet he learned somewhere that, in his words, "God is the best man I ever knew". Cute boy!

We took a short walk to the lake with the puppies and watched them play. I never thought I was an animal person, but Im pretty much enjoy these puppies. They are fun, they are excited about everything and they are lovable. For some reason a walk with the dogs is much better than a walk without them.

One cool thing about family reunions is that everyone brings some cool thing to share. We've had wood toys from papa, paint projects with grandma, finger knitting, glow sticks, bottle launcher and all kind of other things. We have the bikes and the kids have loved riding around. There are really great trails here too. So tons of stuff for these kids to do. As for me, it has taken me some time to de-city myself. Its kind of hard to reprogram my brain to relax. Ya know relaxing? I don't, but we're starting to reacquaint with each other.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

"reacquaint with each other" I love that! And I never would have guessed that you weren't really a woodsy, roughin' it kinda girl. I guess the cabin has running water, but you camp on the beach every year, so what's with that?