Thursday, February 24, 2011

brussel sprouts, sand and good news!

Yes, I love brussel sprouts.  Just needed to get that out. 

But the good news is...  Kendahl got into BYU (Provo)!!!!  after waiting for what seemed like forever we finally found out last night.  She was excited like I've never seen her before. Little eeks and screams through a HUGE smile!  So sweet and exciting from her. I'm happy for her and I'm worried about all that will have to get done to get her there!  I'm not so good at the stress that comes from working out all the details of life.  But I'll do my best to help this girl out and then she'll have to do the rest!  We are so proud of her!!

Well, the sand is just about a camping thing. We had a great time camping last week.  Here's a little bit of what I wrote from my phone while we were camping. 

I want to blog, but were camping and for some reason my droid won't let me type on blogger. Its a bummer.


We're in the most south eastern corner of California at some dunes called Buttercup. It's our first experience camping at the dunes. Its like camping at the beach but with no ocean!

We had our old quads all fixed up for the occasion and we were so excited... they worked for half a day and then one by one they died. Our at least got pretty sick. We were so bummed. We have really old quads. One year 2000 quad runner 250, one 1987 Honda Odyssey, and a 1981 Honda 70. I told you they were old. But the were all fixed up. Is it too much to ask that they work for just a while?

We are here with some friends from Arizona. They have 3 other families that they are here with. So 5 families all together. We have the most humble quads here. Scott and I talked about it and its ok. We don't need anything fancy. It's addicting here. When you see all the quads and sand rails all the fun, you think you have to have it. You really want it. It's tempting. But them you say, "golly, we really can't afford this, we really don't need it, and we have so many other fun things in or life."
 
And after I wrote that I wrote more, but it didn't save...  What I said was how great our kids are.  How fun it is to sit around in the trailer and just talk about nothing, laugh our heads off, watch Baillie laugh until she cry's.  We had a lot of fun with each other.  When we were heading out and we had our prayer Scott said in the prayer, "let us be friends", and we were.  We are!!  I love my family so much!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that you are friends! I'm glad we're friends! I'm glad you had fun! And I am so most Excited for you baby girl!! I sooo can't believe she is old enough to be going to college, but what a neat experience, she will do great!

Brooke said...

Congrats to Kendahl! She will love it here! And if you guys have any questions about anything I can probably help ya out on that. :)

Billie said...

Thanks Cory for those kind words and thanks Brooke for the support!

Aileena said...

I love the header with family photos at the top! I too love brussel sprouts. And artichokes.mmmmm

Stephanie said...

Um...haha just saw this again and as much as maybe I could give cory credit for that awesome comment, in case you didnt know, it was me :) K Love you!