Saturday, March 12, 2011

Beautiful Day

A picture is worth a thousand words. Since I'm blogging from the iPad I dont have one, but I wish I did. It would be of my friend Lyndi, with a huge smile on her face. Today she was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Her faith and her willingness astound me! Her humility and her testimony inspire me. She is a beautiful soul! I am a better person becaus of my association with her! Her spirit lifts me!

Lyndi's life has been anything except smooth sailing. I can not think of a person I have met who has trials like hers. She grew up in conditions that a child should never experience. She was disowned by her family many, many years ago. She has no family other than her own biological chidren and step children. Yet, Lyndi is soft, is aware of beauty around her and is totally in tune with the spirit.

Today she said, "I am resolute! I have no doubt that what I am doing is the right thing." I am so blessed to be her friend!

1 comment: