Monday, August 24, 2009

Riverside Prep!!!

You know how cool it is to have all your kids attending the same school? Pretty cool! This happened once when I had two in middle school and one in elementary. Never thought it'd happen again! But Holy Canoly... it has! And I am glad! "Clara" (as she is refered to at school) and Brodric started at Riverside Prep today, Carter started there three weeks ago at the beginning of this School year and Kendahl attended there last year, so there you go, we're all in!

I feel a bit guilty though. I thought the trouble would come with Carter because he knew all summer that he would be attending this significantly smaller school. He was not too pleased. But from day one he has shown enthusiasum toward the school and everything else. *sigh*

Today seemed to go well getting the younger two in. One in fifth and one in first. The first grade teacher is a girl that I've watched grow up in our current ward, so I knew her and was super excited about her being Brodric's teacher. She's young but she's sweet. It's her fourth year teaching and I am hoping all goes well.

My first pangs of hesitation came tonight while I was putting Clara Baillie to bed... the tears started to flow and she was having a rough time. She was never totally on board with this whole "changing schools" idea because she has lots of friends at her other school and she has really come into her own in showing her cool personality and being able to be her fun, goofy self. Tonight she began sharing her sadness of leaving her friends and the lonliness she felt today not knowing a soul at the school (except her cousin who already has a group of good friends there.) I felt so bad for her. She said, "mom, there was one girl that looked like my other friend and I got excited, but then when she turned around I remembered it wasn't her and I was sad." and then, "I know EVERYONE at Rio Vista, all the teachers and everyone." I found myself questioning the decision... I hope I did the right thing and that I didn't pull her out at a critical time... Don't we always second guess as mothers? Next year she would of been at this school anyway, so she will have to adjust some time, but I just worry for her. After spending a while listening to her and letting her know how confident I am in her ability to make new friends and be able to show who she "really is", I suggested to her that if by tomorrow she isn't feeling better maybe she can ask for a blessing from dad. That seemed to help her feel better and she went to sleep more calm and I hope ready for tomorrow.

Since the kids are getting out of school later than usual and our time together is going to be cut short each evening, I tried really hard tonight to spend time with them from the time I picked them up until they were asleep. We played "ha" (remember that?) and told silly jokes for FHE... Everyone but Brodric got into it. This is us on the floor having a good time!

Here's hopeing that all goes well tomorrow...



(Brodric was being a stinker and didn't want to be in the picture... but after a good camera chase I got him anyway!!!)

3 comments:

Laurene Ross said...

Love this picture. Just photo shop Brodric in and frame it.lol

By the way I believe your in-laws are in our mission. The Elders told us the other night that they loved those guys in the mission office.

Good luck tommorow.

Washington Tacoma Mission said...

I love all the pictures of the kids, you and Scott also. They will all be fine n school, even Clara, tell her we love her.

Thank you again for the opportunity to be with your family for three weeks. We will be able to make it until next April now.

Rosalyn Francis said...

I love the giggle game! You guys are a lot of fun!