Monday, September 7, 2009

Dear Brother Summers...

Dear Brother Summers,

I love that you enjoy reading my blog...
I love that you married such a fun lady!
I love that I don't know you very well but yesterday your smile made me smile and warmed my heart!

The other day my mom asked me why anyone would want to keep a "journal" that anyone and everyone could read. I just told her that I enjoy it, and I do! I've heard it said that people write as a way to experience the wonderful things in life another time, (or something like that). I am writing to ingrain in myself the parts of my life that are worth shareing! If I have a week full of Heavenly Father's love I better share it, in hopes of continuing whatever it was that led me to feel that Spirit in the first place... So in the spirit of those thoughts I wanted to share a portion of an email I sent to a friend last night about what a wonderful day Sunday it was and what a wonderful week this has been...


email...
Wow, what a Sunday! It was so wonderful to see you (my friend) at church today!!! I mean it, when you walked in my heart was just happy and then when (your daughter and her husband) walked in with that beautiful grand baby it was even more full of joy! I had the perfect spot to be able to watch(your beautiful grand baby)smile and coo and suck her daddy's finger... It was great and just added that much more joy to my day! (And the smile (your daughter)had every time she would look at that baby is just priceless!)

I love our new Bishopric! I think it is a perfect mix of 3 humble men who will do a great job at serving our ward and I am so excited to see how that plays forward! I know everyone will miss the Fox's and it is true that they will leave a hole in the ward! But with change always comes good and bad. I hope the good out of it is that they love their new ward and are able to bring that strength and joy that we have felt from them!

Scott and I were able to go to the Temple with (young man prepairing to serve a mission)when he went in for his endowments this past week! It was great. Not so much because (YM) was there for the first time, (although that is always wonderful and refreshing) but because we hadn't been in waaaay too long and while we were there I was just so aware of Heavenly Father and the love he has for me and how aware he is of me. It brought me to a place I have needed to get to for a while now, and it felt wonderful! I guess that is a testimony of where I need to be more often!!!

And then today being Fast Sunday I took the opportunity to fast for a whole list of people who need prayers right now, but as I was fasting for them I was so blessed to feel an overwhelming feeling of peace and joy from the Spirit. The Sacrament meeting being what it was, was full of the Spirit anyway, but it just penetrated my sole! I was smiling the whole time and I felt those sore cheeks that you have been experiencing this weekend! What a wonderful feeling to know of the love from Heavenly Father!

I truly have been blessed this week. Because of the feelings of the day I made some commitments to make small changes in my life that will also bless me in that way.

Thank you for your friendships. I am blessed to have good friends like you in my life!


So you see Brother Summers, why I blog? Do you see how blessed we are to be in the same ward together, a ward that is part of a church that is led by a Prophet who is led by God! God is Good! That's what I know. Oh, and I also know that you and your wife will forever bring a smile to my face too!

Now make a comment on my blog so everyone won't think I made you up! And if anyone else reads this, leave me a comment so I will know that someone cares enough to read! Don't just read and run, it makes me wonder who is stalking me and my mom is worried about it... So if you take time to leave a comment we can assure my dear mother (and me) that no one is stalking me!

Have a blessed week...

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am stalking you, and I love you! I love that you have had such a great week, with great blessings and experiences...Why don't I know brother Summers, and Why don't you email me?? J/K, I love you tons and If I dont see you soon then i'm gonna wither!

Billie said...

Let me assure you Bro. Summers sent me an email... :)

Sister Noh, thank you for your kind remarks. I do enjoy reading the beautiful words that you write, you have a great talent and should consider becoming an author. There are many stories that need to be written to inspire and entertain youngsters of all ages.
You can tell your mother that I look forward to reading your blog, and the thoughts that you express.
Again I thank you for your kind words and your friendship.
Bro Summers

Nettie said...

Stalkers - no.....Admirers - yes....