Friday, December 31, 2010

Ringing out!

Ringing out the old, and in the new. Calm new years eve tonight. Went to the movies with the littles, then came home to take the bigs to the stake New Years Eve dance. Bless Carter's heart, he didn't want to go. I took the pressure off of him and said it just didn't matter what he did, and then he chose to go! Good kids. We are blessed with really good kids!!

Cleaned up Christmas and the house is more bare. But it's nice to have things a little simpler. I love Christmas but there sure are lots of decorations. This year seemed so quick! The holiday season passed just as quickly as the year did. In a blur!!

Now let me brag for just a moment, I made the BEST broccoli soup I've ever tasted tonight!!! I'm not kidding you. I don't think I could duplicate it, but I am sure going to try. It was awesome! I don't usually brag on my cooking, but this needed some bragging. :) I want broccoli soup to be my new years goal. Try new things, make things pleasing, enjoy! It was the perfect meal to ring in the new year with!!

I think the biggest lesson I learned last year was to be grateful, always. I had tons of gratitude this past year and I truely feel blessed beyond measure. Focusing on that is where joy is at.

So now it's just ringing my hands wondering whether or not to try to set gaols or resolutions. Just wanting things to be calm and peaceful. Right about now I am hating stress and tension and the like. The blurring days will tell how 2011 will turn out. I hope I can accomplish something as they pass by!

Happy New Year everyone. I do hope that the year has something good to offer all of us.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You are already have and its only the first day. You have blogged more in the last week than you did the entire year. That goal is being accomplished and as you continue in it, you will find the insight you need to accomplish some of the others. Hugs. Miss you.

Billie said...

Thanks Tracy! :)