Saturday, April 2, 2011

Picture-less in Mesa

I actually took pictures with my phone, but don't have anything to show for it because I don't have a converter to use to post them.  Story of my blog life lately. I don't mind necessarily, but it makes it more boring. Oh well.
I've been considering taking this blog private...  I didn't think I'd ever want to do it, but I have reasons to change my mind. We'll see.

I've been in Mesa for nearly a week. It's been different. I haven't gone out of my way to see friends. Mostly spent time with family. I'm struggling to have a desire to see people, INCLUDING family. 

Things I wish I had pictures of...  That BEAUTIFUL baby!!  What a special baby Savanna is. I can't believe how peaceful she is. She has a way about her, her calm spirit calms those around her. She is just filled with the feelings of peace and love. Yes, she cries and gets tired, but you can see her little self trying to be "good" anyway. What a sweety.

Grandma. I would come here just to see her! I love her. It's hard to see her mind going. If you are with her for a short while you may think she is totally normal, but if you spend a little more time with her you will notice she starts asking you something she just asked you about, and then she'll do it again and again.  She asks repeatedly, "did I hug you already?"  I went to see her on Wednesday, but she didn't remember the next day that I had been over. She can't remember one day to the next on a lot of things. There's not much to talk about, but she wants to talk. She talks of being homesick, but I don't know if she really knows what she's homesick for. It's hard for my heart to see. It feels like an ache that I can't relieve.  I miss her!!!!!!  I miss her mind!!!  I love her!!!

All the kids, cousins, have been so great to each other. They are cute and sweet and wonderful.  I could always take tons of pictures of them.

It's been fun here, but some depression in me has felt heavy. Not fun..  I miss our home, I'm ready to be there.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This is a good post. Why? Because its frank, honest and forthright. Most of us aren't "up" all the time. Its ok to be down sometimes. You know how to tell when its more than just down, so you will be alright. Your poignant remarks about your Grandma are sad but also convey the enormous love you have for her. I hope I don't get kicked if you go private. I like staying in touch. ;)