Saturday, August 23, 2008

In the week

I love the beach and I love beach pictures. Last Saturday we went to the beach with the YMYW of our ward for their beach trip. We had a great day! These aren't the best picts in the world, but there's some cute stuff.

I have "earth" kids who LOVE being in the muck of it all. Baillie was singing a song about mud baths.


This is a Scott special. This was the perfect beach for it too. There was ankle deep water forever!


Ok, I know this pict was blurry, but it was so funny! I was taking picts of everything. Took one of Scott then he noticed and "beefed" up for the second picture!




This is Bricky watching all the big boys skim board (notice the one to the right in the back) and he wanted to... He is pondering it with his little boogy board...


So that was a great day. I wish I was a better picture taker! I need more practice probably. Speaking of that, Brodric thinks he is a photographer. He has been taking pictures of everything! Most of them I delete, but not this one. It was actually pretty cool, thought I'd share.



The big deal of the week this week was the kindergarten class. This year in order to save money the AV Unified Schools has made K an all day thing. And in the process of saving money they have gone from 20 students to one teacher to 31+! It is a horrible thing and I don't like it at all! I was in the K class most of Wednesday and a chunk of Thursday this week to help out the teacher. It is mayhem! There is no relief if a teacher has to deal with a problem or go to the bathroom, or help a kid with a bloody nose or anything. There is no help for the teacher at all. They rely on unpaid parents who may or may not be in the class at a particular time. It's not a good situation! Bricky's teacher has been teaching 20+ years and yet she is about to pull her hair out! It is sad and not really fair to anyone. I called AVUSD and talked to the Asst. Superintendant about this problem. She had all kinds of good answers and excuses, some had to do with the California Legslutature not approving a budget yet and some had to do with the teachers union "choosing" this. But none of them were good answers. So I got no where. I could get ugly about the problem, but it wouldn't do any good. I'm going to keep my eye on it. Melanie has been looking into a charter school in a different school district and that my be an option! Sad but true...

Now it's noon on Saturday and I haven't gotten a thing done. Scott is out with the Stake Priest/Laurel water skiing activity. Lucky him... I gonna get up and do something!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

The beach looks like fun, speaking of beach I dont think i'll get to go this year! Anyway I love the picture of Bricky's hand that is so cute, and The kindergarten thing is absolutely crazy! K love ya!

Nettie said...

I love this. I want to go to the beach! I miss the ocean. I haven't been for a year. I remember when scott used to pull Kendahl on her boogie board when she was Bricky's age. I love the picture's of Scott. They crack me up. He's a great guy. I LOVE Bricky's hand. Great picture, Brodric.

Tammy Taylor said...

That looks like so much fun! We can't wait for October. Doesn't the teacher have an aide? Only the kindergarten classes here have one. 22 kids with 2 adults, not my idea of fun!