Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Utah and leaving my baby

It only took a couple weeks for Kendahl to get her things in order, a couple of hours to pack it in, the whole back of the surburban to hold and 10 hours to get there!  But we made it! It's hard to believe we have a college student, but as young as we are, it's true!  (I know we look much younger! No laughing please.)


We took the opportunity to do everything we could in Provo.  Went to the bookstore, got her ID, found her classes, fixed her messed up financial aid. All fun stuff. It was cool to be with her and helping her to get adjusted. She seemed to take it all in and looked both nervous and excited at the same time.



While in Provo we were lucky to stay in  a condo of a friend!  It was on a bluff and it overlooked all of Provo and especially BYU!  :)  It made us happy every minute we spent in the house!  Everyone couldn't get enough of the balcony and sitting looking at the beauty everywhere.


And other than BYUing we took two hikes. One up to Bridal Veil Falls, which was both terrifying to me and yet amazing! There were a couple of places landslides had hit and the trail was wiped out and we had to carefully climb over slippery nothingness.  ARG...  Everyone (except me) loved being up there!!

 Brodric was sad when I wouldn't let him go higher on the rocks.  Ya, I'm a bit freaky about heights and long rough falls.



If you look closely on the right hand corner it is my brother Rick and Brodric. Brodric went climbing up the face of the waterfalls.  He's a crazy kid!

 The second hike was to the Y up on the mountain above BYU.  It was really steep and really hard! I wanted to do it really bad, even though I was not in good shape to be doing it.  I'm glad I did. It was pretty cool.  Again, I'm pretty freaked out about heights, so I didn't love that part.  We didn't stay at the top long.
 Scott is crazy and LOVES heights...The higher the better.

 At the top! He actually got there long before we did.  I think he was sick of waiting!


This was an awesome trip to Provo, for a great reason!  I think we will be back a lot more than were used to.  Kendahl is an amazing girl and I think she'll love college!

No comments: