Friday, December 12, 2008

The most wonderful time of the year.

It's the season for stressing. Or however you see it... I like getting into the mode of "stress" or "down to the wire" because I become so much more productive. Sometime though, things creep up on me and it's not such a fun situation. The Christmas scene is usually a fun thing for me to stress over. I like it. I like the buying, I like the decorating and the feeling. But just when I think that it's all cool, in comes the end of the year, which I am never ready for! In a business you have to have "stuff" done at the end of the year and that's the part I hate. In my heart, Christmas takes presidence over the year end stuff any day! So I am always running behind or not completeing something having to do with year end! Not so fun when I finally look at it and hit myself over the head and say, "I should have..."

Tonight is our ward Christmas party and I am on the activities committee, this is one of my favorite holidays with the activities of our ward! I just enjoy the feelings of everyone, I enjoy helping, I feel like I can pass the kids off to Scott on this night and actually be helpful to the committee. So I am looking forward to it.

For years now it has been my responsibility to provide the Santa for our ward. I usually ask my friend and he, not always so graceously, accepts... This year he bluntly told me he would do it but I couldn't micro-managing him. So I'm going to do my best... I told him I would hand him the suit and not say another word... Ya right! If he thinks that's really happening, he must be crazy and not know me very well. No really, I am going to try!

Tomorrow may well be the most important day of the holiday season! We have our kids recital (which I am SO looking forward to) and then it's wrap, mail, shop! Wrap and mail first to get the out of town stuff gone! and shop for the final little things on the list. I hope it's a good day and turns out to be productive. There just aren't very many days left...

Well, Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a productive weekend too!

2 comments:

angiedunn said...

christmas is indeedy a busy time.
and a magically stressful time, as well. (:

good luck getting everything done!

merriest christmas season to your cute family!

Washington Tacoma Mission said...

Billie,
I love your blog. It gives us a chance to see what our family in Apple Valley is doing while we are gone. It is fun to see the pictures. I am glad you had so much fun with your sisters. Family is great.
Papa