Monday, December 1, 2008

I shouldn't be blogging!

I really shouldn't be blogging... It seems like such a harmless thing to do yet it has it's traps! You know it's a trap when it feels good. Isn't everything that feels good bad to do? :) I just want to blog for a minute, if I do it fast enough maybe it won't be too bad. The only reason it is bad is because I really should be cleaning the house, finishing the decorating for Christmas, getting myself ready to go into the office, and I could think of many, many more if I wanted to!

The thing is, is that I need to share about the week just a bit! Thanksgiving really started when we had the Kindergarten feast on Wednesday! It was cute, they did a little show, got to take a journey on the Mayflower and then ate the feast! Bricky was a pilgrim for a while (while on the Mayflower journey) and then for the feast he was a Indian. He had a good time, which is saying something since he is a little stinker sometimes!

Finger lickin' good!

Then the holiday continued in Mesa. We didn't eat on Thursday and so that was a bit strange. We had to wait some family who had other inlaw's and such to go see. But family is always good, right... worth the wait?
So here are a couple of highlights. The pilgrims gathered again... They were a bit silly, but always cute!

I have cousins who brought babies and my kids just thought that was awesome! We don't have babies around much any more, so they couldn't keep their hands off of them. Well, Ba and Carter in particular!


They all did some turkey coloring thanks to Grammy and they played pin the hat on the turkey. This is Kendahl doing a little turkey dance... "woo hoo" I guess she did well at her turn with the turkey!

Here are the kids with Grandma Harris! It was nice to see her again after a couple of months of her being in AZ. She left on Saturday after all the partying... to go back to Cali, so Melanie and I will get to start our visits with her back up! That's always great, I can't complain about that!! I Love this lady!

As you can see the weekend was great. What I don't have any pictures of yet is the little play date we had with the Taylors! The little ones got to go play with a whole neighborhood of kids over at Tom and Tammy's. We had a good time with them and now Scott is officially the little kid wrestling buddy! (He always has been, but I thought I should make if official...) After Charli's x-ray today we'll see if her arm was broken when Scott landed on her during one of the rounds... Hope not, sorry Steph!

As we were about to leave I got a great picture of Steph and I... Not really so great, but I love this gal too and I am so thankful for all she does for us! She is my friend, my comic relief, and my person!

It's amazing we made it back in one piece because the traffic was SO bad coming home! But we did make it and we were extremely tired from the LONG trip home, but today kids are at school and life is moving on!

So now that I have taken this moment out of my day to blog... I better get back to it!!! On with the day!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I didnt know you did a post Thanksgiving morning at my house. I'm a bit behind! Thanks for coming here and bringing your family we had a great time. I think Connor is better today, he has had a hard time letting you guys go this time. And Charli's arm is sprained and the doc said just probably a really deep bruise. Hopefully she'll sleep through the night tonight. Love you....get stuff done so you can come back in 2 days!