Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We're here!

We're finally in Williams for Christmas! I thought I would never make it! I got sick right in time to do the packing, and last minute stuff and it was all I could do to get through the day! But we made it! We are in Williams and it is beautiful.

We were worried about the snow because we had heard about winter weather warnings and stories of so much snow, but it wasn't bad at all. There really wasn't much of anything until we got into Williams. When we got to the cabin the county had plowed the street so we (I say we as if I did a lot, but I only did a bit..) had to dig through the burm they piled up in front of the drive way. It was about 4 feet high and 4 feet wide. Scott, Carter and Kendahl worked for a few hours digging and they were my hero!! They got half the driveway dug out, we'll have to finish tomorrow. But at least we have a place to park and the snow plow won't run over any cars in the morning!

Right now I am sitting by the fire in the wood burning stove. (Why do they call it a stove? I would never cook on it, but I guess you could if you had to.) The fire is beautiful! Stephanie and Cory are here with their kids. It is hard for me to imagine how we get along so well, Stephanie and I. We just get each other. It's so great to have that!

Tomorrow we are going to cut down an little "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree and string popcorn and cranberries to put on it. We're going to make snowflakes too. I can't wait! I'll try to get some pictures to put on. Not that anyone but me and some family members care... but Grandma and Papa, you will want to see, right?? Ok, stay tuned!

I'm so glad to be here and just be able to have a simple, relaxed, white Christmas!!

1 comment:

Aileena said...

that sounds like soooo much fun. I love Charlie Brown christmas trees and popcorn strings. Take pictures! hope you have a very merry christmas. And we look forward to seeing you.