Monday, January 12, 2009

I did my hair all nice, but they still kicked me off the island

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful... Maybe I just didn't fit in any longer. Actually it was just my time to go. (I know, it doesn't make any sense, but all that randomness just came out of my head!) After 4+ years in the YW program they released me today. It was a bitter sweet time. I love teaching the Mia Maids and loved interacting with them, but I knew it was coming. I mean after four years you have to expect it at some time right? So, I gave my last lesson about the Atonement of Christ and it went wonderfully. The girls were really nice, sweet this one last time. Besides if I didn't get out now there wouldn't of been enough time between now and when I have to go in again when Baillie is in YW!

Now for the facebook people... I let on earlier in the week that I was going to the place of fire and brimstone... well, they tried to give me another calling. I'm not going to mention what it was because every calling is awesome and worthy of having the best to fufill it, but evil as I am I said...... no. I know, I know it is just unheard of and unacceptable in the church, but you know what, some callings just weren't meant for some people, and this calling WASN'T FOR ME. If you think less of me, well then I am sorry for that, but take a lesson from my dad, he found out because of a "squeaky wheel" and I'm sure he is going to get over it and love me again any time now... If he tells my mom it'll be all over for sure. So find a reason to love me despite my inability to take on something that would put several nails in my coffin! I'm sure you will.

Things I have missed mentioning this week... Brodric lost his first tooth! I should of called everyone because it was a big deal, but I just don't have the time! Funny thing was we didn't even know it was loose! He bit into an apple and there it was, shocking me, but mostly shocking himself!! It was fun to play tooth fairy with him. He is a sweet blessing to me! He is super cute with one tooth missing.

Along the lines of teeth, Kendahl had braces put back on this week! She got them off right before Thanksgiving and when I would look at her my first thoughts were, "your teeth are crooked"! So you know what I did? I took her back and gave that orthadontist a what for! Actually I didn't have to shout too loud at all. He knew when I mentioned it. It's hard to describe just where they weren't right, but believe me they weren't. No complaints from Kendahl (thankfully) and now I'll get what I paid for! :)

Now speaking of Kendahl... (sorry, this is getting so long!) She tried out and made it into a group called Shenanigans. It is a singing, acting group. She also got a role in their first production of the year. A play called Nick Danger. We are super proud of her and she is tickled!!

So I've come up with a menu for this week... Pick your jaw up now, I haven't executed it yet, just written it down. It was forced on me because I signed up to bring a casserole to a family who's father had died. I knew if I didn't write it on my calendar and plan it I would surely forget. So after I wrote one meal down I said, "what the heck, let's try for two," then three, then more! The meal I have planned for tomorrow night might not work. I knew I should of never started in the first place! Who was I to think I could actually plan a week worth of meals and then follow through?

Tomorrow the kids start back to school, I am hopeing the routien gets me out of bed before 9am! It sure hasn't gotten me to bed before midnight! But seriously, I have high hopes for the new schedule! As long as the hopes stay high something might actually be accomplished! To think... Good luck if anyone else is trying to stick to the resolves... I know how you are feeling!

P.S. If you're reading this because you like me or just because you are blogstocking, leave a comment, it makes me smile!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I dont judge you, I told you that I have said no to a couple callings in my life! Oh well. You way should have called me to tell me that Bricky lost his first tooth, I want to see a pic! K love you, and tell Ken Ken congrats again about her group, how long will she have her braces on this time??

Billie said...

Steph, I so appreciate your comment. Of course I know you never judge me and why would you? I'll post my little toothless boy. And Kendahl will have braces possibly another year! When I look at her now I see her teeth aren't cemetrical and I'm glad the braces are back on!

Melissa said...

I'm certainly not judging you for turning down a caling! I never have, but I will if I ever get called to the nursery! And everyone knows it. Whenever the bishop wants to talk to me, I start out by saying,"Do not call me to the nursery!" We all have our limits!

Melanie said...

I already told you that I have turned down a few callings. I am okay with it. I love reading your blog. I am not good with words but hope that mine will turn out like I want it too. Wow for Brog... I love that guy. You should have told me. Pics for me too. Love you guys you are all awesome.

Chris and Stacy Thomas said...

So I am reading your blog. I think its awesome to hear your thoughts. I wish I had more time to read more thoughts and write my own. I am very curious as to what the calling was? I think that only you and Heavenly Father can judge that decision, it is not up to us to judge. It seems so early for Bricky to lose his first tooth. Aunie just lost her first two a few months ago. She is 6 1/2. I think that is great for Kendahl! I remember Chris braging about her when she was very young that she could speak and sing. I'll tell Chris, he'll be happy to know. We miss you.

Chris and Stacy Thomas said...

So I am reading your blog. I love hearing about your thoughts, I wish I had time to read more and write my own thoughts. I am curious as to what calling it was? (no matter) I think only you and Heavenly Father can judge that decision. It seems so early for Brodrick to lose a tooth? Aunie just lost her first two teeth a couple of months ago and she is 6 1/2. I think it is so great that Kendahl is involved in fun things like singing and dancing. I remember when Chris bragged about Kendahl when she was very young how she could talk and sing at a very early age. I'll be sure to tell him, he'll will be happy to know. We miss you.

Ceri said...

Okay so I wrote a long comment and lost it. But I think I said you are pretty much perfect (per facebook). I completely understand where you are coming from, and I would never think any less of you, I think you are pretty wonderful. My mom said that she wont be primary president again because the last 2 times she was president she was diagnosed with cancer. So sometimes there are reasons for saying no.

Heather Momma said...

Billie, You make me smile so if leaving a comment makes you smile then I had to, I love the comments you leave on Emma's blog but sometimes they make me cry:) It was weird to think of YWs without you even though I have nothing to do with it, I didn't always know who was in there but I could always count on you. I had a calling I should have said no to...like my husband said if someone called you to play the piano and you didn't know how what would you do...I guess some people would learn but wouldn't they rather have someone that already knew how to. Anyway...You are the best and I just love you, Kaila lost a tooth to but not her first....the tooth fairy took four days to come and had to leave an apology not-funny story but I've already said to much. Hope to see you soon.