Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th

Kind of a fun day today. I was excited to cook a bit. I'm not a great hostess, I need to learn timing better. It didn't seem like things came out at the right time. Meat done too soon, potato salad not quite cold enough when it needed to be, you know, that kind of thing. But all in all it went well.
I had fun trying a few different recipe's. I made a great simple fruit salad, it needs some perfecting but it has a lot of potential. I need to cut the fruit in bigger pieces. for some reason it seemed to get smaller after it was mixed. But, the stuff you put on the fruit - YuMmY! It's called lemonade pudding fruit salad. See, doesn't that just sound good?!  :)   I got Kendahl to cook with me. Kind of a rare thing.  She was making zesty lemon squares (my favorite). But we had never made them before and I found a recipe. They were pretty good, but for some reason the recipe added salt to the crust. Ya, that wasn't such a good idea. But we'll tweak that also and it'll be the best lemon squares ever!!  It was nice to cook with Kendahl. She was pleasant and willing and that was nice.
We had the norm over, just family and the Brooksby's, Lyndi and a couple of Kendahl's friends, Jenni and Annie. It was relaxing and just a nice day. We had a fun adventure when Annie asked me if I could die her hair a bright red color... Just a few pieces of her hair. It turned out cute and we joked a while about how her mom and dad were going to kill her.  So to add to the fun we got out the fake tattoo's that Kendahl had (why Kendahl has a collection of fake tattoo's I just don't know) and some sticker "earrings" which Annie put on her nose, and we were all set!  Annie went home with died hair, a tattoo, and a nose ring...  She said her mom didn't kill her, but instead laughed.  Whew, I'm glad for that!  We thought she'd think the Noh's are just a bad influence all around!  :) 
The day was enjoyable and ended with a long thunderstorm/rain shower!  Perfect ending to a great day! 

No comments: