Monday, July 18, 2011

QT

Ok Arizona people, do you really think I'd write about a corner gas station?  I think not!  (If that one person ever reads this, I'm sorry, I wasn't really making fun of you.  Just thought it was cute.)  Although, QT is an awesome corner gas station and often a gathering place for friends and family...And... I wish they had them in California!  But I"m not going to write about that QT now.

This time QT stands for Quick Trips I take to Arizona that are awesome and a secret little pleasure of mine.  I snuck one of those in this weekend.  Scott and Brodg and I ran to AZ for a total of 32 hours! Not including driving time of course.  It was wonderful to spend time with Stephanie helping her with ideas for her bathroom remodel.  We looked at tons of paint samples, tile samples, lighting, vanity's and other bathroom kinds of stuff. It was fun.  While we were doing all that Scott and Cory worked on mudding and sanding the bathroom. We didn't do enough, but it was nice to be there doing with them at all.

The other perks to the QT were dinner with my parents and sisters and a much needed visit to see my grandma. I feel blessed that we have to means and ability to travel in comfort and speed.  I need those trips. The only thing that could make it better would be stolen time with other friends I love too!!

And on another note, I sat tonight reading through posts from a year and two years ago. I wrote some good stuff. (If I don't say so myself.)  I don't know where my head went, but I'm not there now. But just reading back and feeling some of the feelings from the past made me want to be a better person. I have it in me. We all do! But I get busy and stop taking time to make the efforts it takes to be present and desire something better. Being more present in my life every day is a struggle for me. That's going to be my goal for right now! Being present in the NOW. 

This week is a busy week, but some really important things are happening and I'm getting really excited about them. My other focus is going to be of prayer. I need to do that right now too. I've been in a lax place with not just prayer, but spiritual things in general. It's time to step it up! Good things are going to happen! 

No comments: