Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Weekend News

[The tool shed on top of our entertainment center!]

I like being cool!  No I mean I like NOT being hot, get it?  Cool... on the inside.  I don't like being hot!  I don't like sweating, I don't like dieing in the sun...  Lucky for me it doesn't get too hot here. Maybe 10-20 days out of the year it gets over 100*. But on the days it gets hotter than 100, our AC just can't keep up!  It's not because it's an old unit, no, it's not even 3 years old yet, but sure enough, when the temp rises, the AC shuts off!!! And of course that always seems to happen on a weekend!!!  So today... HOT! AC shuts off and it was probably nearly 90* in the house!  Scott's working on fixing the swamp cooler tonight, so that when the temps rise tomorrow we will have some kind of cooling going on. I hate the swamp cooler.  Too swampy. But better than 90* in the house!

Next ramble, why is it when my house is clean and things are looking relatively good, no one pops over?  No neighbors come to say hi, no friends come over to bring a thankyou treat...?  But on the week that we've been working all week on projects and on the a weekend that we've been working outside all day and not done a blessed thing in the house, that's when friends pop by at night to say hi!!?  I swear it is so embarrassing!  Ya, the top of our entertainment center looks like the tool shed. In my living room right now is an old mattress waiting for my sister to pick it up cause she wanted it.  There are bags on the floor from today's shopping trip to home depot and the pool store. There are boxes of fans that need to go in the kids room.  There is a project left in the middle of the room from my oldest son who became sick half way through the day and he didn't finish the project or pick up his shoes or anything else.  And so on and so on!!  I have a reason or story I could tell for everything that is in the messy living room.... But none of that matters in the moment the doorbell rings!  I mean really, I had to move a 4" paint brush off the couch so the company could sit down!  Why was the paint brush on the couch???  Oh my goodness... : /  Dang I love those friends though, and I hope they still love me!!

This weekend is a long one with the 4th of July on Monday.  I'm looking forward to having people over!  And Yes, the house will be clean!!!  Tomorrow, Sunday, will be a cleaning day after church.  That's how it goes here sometimes!  I need to think of good food to make for Monday. :)  Happy weekend my friends!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Why can't I have anything to do on the 4th? why don't you live by me? Why can't I come visit on the 4th! Ugh...I'm so glad you are getting projects done! Miss you!

Billie said...

I just watched the movie Lake House, with Sandra Bullock and Keneau Reeves. It is all about timing. I hope someday my timing in life will match with the timing of those I love. The movie is tragic and beautiful, I hope some day my life will end up beautiful. Which for me means having those I care about around me to make my life whole!! That probably made no sense, but to me it did. It's 2 am. I better sleep now.