Thursday, January 19, 2012

All in a day in Ft. Walton Beach / Destin

All in a day. Walk on the beach. 300+ pictures. Sailing. Kite shop and dinner. I'll try not to put all of the pictures up, but it's hard to pick just a few! :)

Scott loves the ocean and wanted to get in the whole time we were walking. Tomorrow is his day. He's going to swim in it! He said it's actually warmer water now than the Pacific Ocean is in July. I'm sure he'll be in!
It's tricky getting people to take your picture. That's the hardest part. Wait, I changed my mind, the hardest part is walking on the beach and not picking up shells! (That's what I'm holding in my hand, the catch of the day!) We met an old guy who found a tiny little sand dollar and then I needed one!! We found a bunged up one. Tomorrow we'll go look for a perfect one! 

Cool fish surfing! They would go over and over. I guess surfing is fun for everyone! :) 
More pictures... 


 Our little sail boat. Good times!
 Peaceful.
 Kinda cold this time of year, but not too bad.
Dolphins! We saw them several times, but not enough for me. I wanted more and more dolphins! 
 Some of these homes and slips in the Destin inlet looked like Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous! There were TONS of boats out there!
 And to end the day Scott was in his element! Learning about Kite boarding. That scateboardish thing he's holding goes to a kite so you can have lots of fun on sand or snow or anywhere else! Some day I'm sure he'll try it!
It was a nice relaxing fun day! We decided the next time we take this trip we want to do it with another couple to share with the cost of the condo (because it would seriously make it really cheap) and the rental car and of course to take pictures so we don't have to bug the snow birds to take them for us! Any takers??

No comments: