Saturday, January 28, 2012

Speaking to the Regret

I am blessed to walk with a wonderful woman every morning!! Today our conversation included the sadness and regret that I have felt this week. My wonderful friend gave me such sound advice regarding those feelings and struggles. I believe that I am a good person with good intentions. I love people and I try to understand them and work well with them. I fall short of perfection all the time and sometimes I'm even on the side of being a bone head. But I know that I am good person. I know my heart,  Heavenly Father knows my heart and I hope that my friends and loved ones know it as well.

I can only do my best. I need to strive every day to do better and be better. To love others and to make my words be words of love and encouragement. But I will fall short. That's just the reality of life. Sometimes I'll make stupid comments or say the wrong thing. In these situations I can not beat myself up about it!! I have to apologize for it and move on! And when others can't move on I need to be ok with that too. That's their journey.

My friend shared the analogy of a baseball player running the bases. He doesn't run past first base and then pick it up and carry it to second base with him. And then run on to third, grabbing second and carrying it as well. He Touches those bases, has that experience and then moves on! And that is what we have to do. We can't carry it all with us. We have to move on.

I'm grateful for wonderful people in my life who help me to realize the and see clearly the things that sometimes gets clouded in my own mind. I am so very blessed!

I saw this today and thought it fits me perfectly! I't not exactly what I was talking to in this post, but oftentimes I let my direction go this way and it doesn't do anything good for the situations I may be going through. It only makes it worse. So I thought it was appropriate.

No comments: