Monday, November 10, 2008

Witness

So I was driving down the hill tonight for a meeting and I was behind this trailer. He started to sway just a bit and I thought nothing till it was swaying a little bit for a long time. I thought at first he was just kidding around with the people in his truck or something, then I thought, "is he going to pull out of this?" And then he began swaying more! I was then slowing quite a bit and watching what was about to happen. He got more and more out of control and then it just whipped the heck out of the trailer!! It was CRAZY! I couldn't believe it was actually happening! By the time the guy stopped I had stopped about even with them and stopped on the fast lane side next to the guard rail. \

I jumped out of the car and ran over to them. I was hearing cries of total fear. It turned out the one screaming out was a 10 year old boy. There were 4 people in the truck. Man, woman, 10 year old and a 64 year old grandma. The grandma was having a hard time getting out of the truck, it being totally on it's side and smashed up, and I couldn't do much. There was a man on the phone to 911 and I yelled to him to help pull her out and I grabed his phone and finished with 911. It was so fast and wild. The grandma was bleeding from her head and her whole face was covered in blood! After she got out I was trying to get her to lay down, but she seemed confused and kept saying, "why do I need to lay down?" Whe was sweet and yet she was sort of out of it!

Anyway, after all the medical people got there it turns out that grandma had a huge cut on her head and the boy had a large softball size yucky bruise on his calf and that is about it! The trailer was GONE and the truck wasn't much better!

It was the closest I have ever been to an accident and was actually the first one on the scene and able to help! Wild!!! As soon as the fire dept. got there and I felt strange sticking around I decided to get out of the way. I felt so bad for the people. They were really nice.

I got these pictures on my phone. I wanted to take pictures of the people but thought that would be kind of rude!


I don't think they'll be able to repair these!! Do ya think?


Some of his quads that flew out of the trailer. One was WAY down the mountain!


Trailer and truck, I don't even know how it got in this position!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh my crap! That really is scary those pictures show how out of control it really was! I'm glad you were ok, and i'm glad they were kinda ok.

Ceri said...

that is so crazy! I can't imagine what it would be like to see it all happen, don't get me wrong many moons ago I had my fair share of accidents, but I was in them I didn't see them happen. I am glad that everyone made it though, I think that would be even more difficult. Thank goodness you don't see those sort of things in the dental office!:)

Nettie said...

Wow, Billie! That is awful! I'm glad you were there to help..especially the elderly lady. I thought there was horses in the trailer. I'm so glad they were quads!!!