Monday, January 17, 2011

A Big Day

January 16th is a big day around our house. It's the day Scott and i were married, and the day Carter was born!

Carter turned 15 this year! It's surreal to me that my son could be over 6 feet tall and 15 years old. I don't know when the time passed. Just a while agod he was a little boy. Now? Now he is quickly becoming a man. And quite the man he is becoming. He is smart, he is responsible, he is reliable. Even in his struggles he is an example to me.

So here's a bit of his humor, hamming it up. Sooo excited, can't you tell by the look on his face? :)

But the then real surprised face! We got him a really cool pocket watch and the geunine surprise was wonderful! He loves it. I was so glad. You never know when you'll actually get a gift that is a success. This one was.

Scott and Carter looking at the details.


19 years Scott and I have been married. As I ponder those 19 years once again I am baffled at how the time goes by so quickly. I wish I didn't always say that, but it always seems that way. Scott and I have had a great 19 years! I truely think it hasn't been that long. If we had been married 19 years wouldn't it feel like forever? It doesn't feel like very long at all! That's a good thing, right?

We've been so blessed in these years. We have four beautiful, amazing children. We have a friendship that has been consistant and sustaining, a love that lasts all the years. What more could we ask for?

Scott's present. A flash for our camera.

The handsome man I married.

No comments: