Sunday, January 23, 2011

Procrastination

Time: 11:40pm. Science Fair project due tomorrow. Young man still working on it. Mom sits up waiting for young man to finish. Story of my life.





But dang, he's a cute young man, isn't he??? The asleep picture was staged, but after finishing the calculations, he collapsed like that. He's tired. But he's still working. He says he'll be done in a minute or two. We can hope!

Really it's not the story of my life. Usually I'm the one I'm waiting on!! I'm a huge procrastinator. That's probably where he gets it from.

I stopped waiting up for Kendahl. Two weeks ago, the night before Kendahl went back to school after a THREE WEEK BREAK, Kendahl pulled an all nighter to finish a project that was due! I didn't wait up for her! I'm learning my lessons. But I figured I better give this kid the benefit of a patient mom for a while. If this continues, which is likely to be the case, I'll stop waiting up. I hope he appreciates it. I hope he is glad for the company, at least so that the house isn't so quiet while he works. Yes it's just the clicking of the keys on a computer he'll hear right now, but it's the comfort of mother on the couch that will be the lasting impression... At least that's what I like to think.

No comments: