Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day Two

Success today on the college front. We had a great tour of BYU Idaho. We got carried around by a little golf cart and a nice young man who gave us a nice tour. The campus at BYUI is really nice. It seems newer, and yet established. They have everything anyone would need close enough that walking to everything is doable! I liked it and I think the girls liked it. A wonderful plus is the Temple up on the hill. You can see it from nearly anywhere on campus and it is a beautiful picture.

After just that short visit we quickly left Rexburg. I guess there was no reason to dilly dally. We headed down to Salt Lake. In SLC we met up with my handsome nephew Bradley. I'm sure Marci (his mother) never reads my blog, but if she ever does I must say that the kid I used to be so bothered by has turned out to be quite a impressive young man! He is kind, funny, friendly, a gentleman and even more!

Bradley did his homework and did a great job of taking us on a tour of LDS Business College where he is currently enrolled. It is a small school but I really like the idea of LDS schools, so it definitely has it's place! I give it kudos! I guess it has about 1800 students and has a great feeling to it.

After that tour we kidnapped Bradley and brought him down to Provo. By the time we found our hotel (which is a Marriott and cute, but not nearly as nice as the one last night) we were off to, in the words of Bradley, "PARTY". This party consisted of a really bad Chinese buffet and the kids going to the dollar movie while I came back to the hotel. The hotel was really close so the kids walked "home" from there and we sat and chatted and listened to music for a while till it got late.

I don't have any pictures, except the ones in my mind, but it was a really nice day. I don't know why I didn't take pictures... It's not my norm, I have to make it my norm! We need pictures!

Tomorrow is a big day. BYU, the big blue, the real deal! I'm excited, but more than me, Kendahl is excited.

I'm glad we did this. I'm glad we're here. I miss my family at home. I miss my other kids.

No comments: