Friday, May 2, 2008

Go Kendahl


Kendahl has been on the high school swim team this year. She is a freshman this year and has done an amazing job! She has always loved the water and she has been on and off of swim teams, but this high school experience was all new! She loved it too!
Kendahl is a strong girl and is pretty self motivated, and because of that (I think)the events she ended up swimming were the 200 yard Freestyle and the 500 yard freestyle, along with the 4x100 freestyle relay. Ok, so if you aren't a swimmer, the 500 is 20 laps!!! When you consider that it's a race, 20 laps aren't easy to swim! But... She is awesome and she did an excellent job. Every week she was taking seconds off of her time. Yesterday at league finals she took off another 10 seconds! (And that was while the whole race her swim cap was falling off and she saw concerned about it. She ended up loosing it toward the end, but kept on going!)
When I told her I was going to blog her swimming she said, "you mean brag!" And she is right, blog/brag same thing huh? But I need to brag about her right now! I mean look at this form!

I'm so proud of her and we're sad it's over, but the pool is open for lap swim and she is going to take advantage of that!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay Kendahl! She is beautiful, and you are true, she does have beautiful form I have seen it in real life! Congrats to you girlie. And keep on braggin mama!

Nettie said...

That's hilarious. Call it like it is, girl :o)! I have always felt a bit of pride in you Thomas swimmers. I'm not sure why. I think it's so cool that you are all so good at it. I remember when Kendahl was tiny. She was SO drawn to water. I remember that darling picture of her in a river that you had on your wall in Mesa. Man she was and is a cutie! Way to go Kendahl.