Sunday, May 25, 2008

Simple Pleasures

We had a fun experience this weekend. We had some of my friends from my high school come from Arizona to California to see the musical Wicked.
We all stayed overnight in Hollywood and went out to dinner, went to the show, walked around Hollywood and Santa Monica a lot and just generally had a nice time. It was really neat to visit with old friends and get to know them again as well as their other halfs! I had a great weekend!

The group is (from left to right) Tom and Tammy Taylor, Ladd and Janet Williams, Lisa and Brad Wallace and Scott and I. This was at the Santa Monica pier where we went walking around. Cute huh???

Last night I couldn't stop thinking about how this experience effected me. I have that problem you know, I analyze everything 100 times over. But it was good this time. For those of you who know me you will know that I worry about everything too. So before the weekend I was worried about not really knowing everyone very well, and how we would interact. Would we all have a good time, would we have stuff to talk about, would we have stuff in common, would everyone feel included, would blah, blah, blah, and on and on.......

Here's what I learned. First of all, we are really blessed. "We" being plural... I don't mean just our family, I mean everyone. It doesn't matter what we have, we are SO blessed! We really are. We have wonderful experiences all around us. Some cost money, some don't. Some are right in front of us, some we have to go out and find, but if we look around there is so much to be thankful for!

The Second thing I re-learned is that people are good. It was nice to meet up with people I havn't seen in years and years and learn about them and find out that they are kinda like we are, just living day to day, trying to do our best raising our kids and finding what makes us happy in life. It is fun to learn about people. I love knowing what their lives are like. What makes them happy. I love people.

And the third thing I learned is that we really aren't much with out the people we love around us. I wanted to share my children with my "old friends". I am not just me alone. I am who I am because of who is around me. They are a part of me. It almost felt empty not being able to share my children. On that note, I also wanted to share the experiences we were having with my kids too.

So those are some of the things I took away from the weekend. It was a really nice time and I enjoyed it! I was glad to have this opportunity to reconnect with friends and just relax! It was great!

3 comments:

Nettie said...

Wow, I didn't know this was even in the works. How fun for you. I'm so glad it was a good experience. I didn't know you were good friends with Lisa. I think she is the salt of the earth...so meek and humble. I don't know her very well, but she made a huge impact on me at the Garret thing a few Summers ago. I'm so glad you keep in touch with your highschool friends. We all need each other. You're quite a blessing, yourself. I'll bet they are all so glad they went.

Stephanie said...

Thats a great picture of all of you. I was wondering what Ricky (shroeder) looked like after all these years. You look great Billie, and I miss you. I'm glad you had fun adn I enjoy all you deep thoughts...by Billie Noh! You're great

Billie said...

Steph, funny that you should say that because I told "Ricky Shroeder" that he looked better than the real "Ricky Shroeder" after all these years. I had the best time getting to talk with Ladd and Janet. They are SO awesome!